Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lazy days On Gili T...

Hey All!

Here are the first pictures posted from Gili Trawangan. Right now the plan is to stay here until Friday, when Pat will be finished his scuba diving certification, and then take a quick boat over to Gili Meno where we will get away from the party scene and hopefully find some sea turtles to swim around with! Right now I am pretty sunburnt despite my best efforts (I promise, Mom and Grace) to keep myself slathered with sunscreen at all times. Pat got a pretty bad sunburn on his feet, but a kind soul at his diving school gave him some special cream to put on and it's healing quickly.

Right now my biggest enemy is not the sun, but the mosquitos! They freaking love me, and I am not at all flattered by it. I knew they loved me in Korea when I would get bit 20 times a night and Pat would only have one or two bites the whole summer, but in Southeast Asia where they possibly carry disease I am seriously at battle night and day, covered in deet. The results? My skin is permanently greasy and I am constantly washing my hands, but I haven't been bit since we got to the Gilis. Take that.

Anyway, since internet time is money here I will sign off and leave you with some pictures! The rest are on my facebook, so Mom, you should probably work on getting yourself an account.

Muah xo




Biggest sand dollar I've ever seen!

The only mode of transportation on the island.


Coral skeletons all over the beaches.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I don't know if I've commented before on the Suwon blog, but a tip for mosquitoes is drink sassafras tea, though I don't know if you'll be able to find any over there, I've heard it really helps repel moghis...

    ReplyDelete